Wednesday, September 19, 2012

All or Nothing

Watch out guys, things just got legit up in here.

You know this one, I promise. 
In the interest of not doing anything halfway, I've started attending (and committing to attend) APTA (American Physical Therapy Association) conferences, gatherings, and D&D meetups networking opportunities. To that end, I just registered for the National Student Conclave in November.

Does this nametag make my street cred look big?
So that's exciting. Should be a good weekend of networking and learning how to get a job in 3 years. I hope. With any luck, i might even post about it during/after the event. Maybe even with pictures. Woah.

In addition to that, I'm also starting work on some research stuff within my department which is still a little bit vague to me at the moment (in terms of my role, not so much the project itself). I can't tell you how embarrassingly excited I was to start talking data processing (with Matlab and everything!) with the post-doc was yesterday.

It's also come to my attention that I may be the only one in my class who actually enjoys working with data at all...this is completely confusing to me because I just don't see how it couldn't be interesting to find trends and whatnot. But...apparently that's just me. The upshot is, that makes me a special snowflake in terms of expertise and capabilities, so hopefully that'll translate to an interesting (and lucrative?) job post-graduation.


So that's exciting.

Anyway, it's time for a practice Therapeutic Interventions lab and this comp is on STM, thermotherapy, and compression. Translation: massage, heat, and mud wraps. It's like a spa, but without the cucumbers.



Have a great day y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment