Monday, April 18, 2011

Practicing What I Preach

I won't lie, this was a miserable weekend.  I caught the office cold and wound up wallowing in snotty self-pity for most of the weekend.

Except Saturday 10-11 and Sunday 8:30-9:30.

This weekend was a perfect excuse to practice what I preach and ride a recovery ride (HR < 65%) in spite of telling everyone else to push harder, faster, stronger.  I did better at it Sunday than Saturday, but part of that was Christina telling everyone not let me sweat.  :-)  She's good like that.

The Tale of Two Mountains ride was fun.  I like co-teaching with Christina...she's fun and we have similar philosophies but very different styles, so it's easy to do a night/day ride.  I told her I want to do a "dueling DJs" style ride with her at some point, but I'm not really sure how that would work...any ideas?

In other news, I bit the bullet and signed up for online Anatomy & Physiology I & II over the summer.  A full year's worth of classes (labs too) crammed into 10 weeks.  Should be a riot.

I'm actually really pumped about it.  I'm hoping that if I'm successful at those classes, I'll be ok taking the 3-day crash course to get NCSM certified for personal training in September.  We'll see.  I've already started coloring inside the lines in my Anatomy Coloring Book.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment