Thursday, February 2, 2012

Milestone: Nasty Names

Yesterday, as I previously indicated, I was completely fried. Just, utterly overwhelmed with everything. I wasn't even sure how well I was going to be able to hold it together to teach spin. I wound up playing this playlist: 

Proud - Heather Small
Dark Horses  -  Switchfoot
If I Had You  -  Adam Lambert
Miss Murder  -  AFI
I'm Not Okay (I Promise)  -  My Chemical Romance
Thnks Fr Th Mmrs  -  Fall Out Boy
Thriller/Heads Will Roll  -  Glee Cast
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
Machinehead  -  Bush
Panic Switch  -  Silversun Pickups
Ass Back Home (feat. Neon Hitch)  -  Gym Class Heroes
On My Mind  -  Kalai
Moving On  -  Timmy Curran


The profile was simple. Three rounds of the following: 

3 minutes 30 up/30 down
3 minutes 15 up/15 down
1 minute up, adding resistance and mentally preparing for sprints
30 seconds sprint
1.5 minutes full recovery
30 seconds ramping up
30 second sprint
2 minutes recovery

I'd meant to do 4 sprints on the last round, but we ran out of time. I asked if they wanted longer sprints or longer prep (30/15) and it was unanimously prep. Wimps. 

After class I was logging my hours and one of my regulars came up to me and the following exchange happened: 

her: "what the heck was that?? I thought you said you were off your game tonight!" 
me: "yeah...that's the magic of spin I guess." :-D
her: "I was looking forward to an easier ride when you said you were out of it...at one point I told Dianne, "this is when I really want to call her a bitch!!"" 

So, there it is, folks...my first expletive name calling (to my face anyway) due to a hard ride. I'm going to tuck that ride away for a while and bring it out when I'm feeling particularly nasty again. I thought it was fun. Hard, but fun. 

Suffice it to say, it was another cleansing ride. 

2 comments:

  1. You are a hard task-master I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your blog. I taught 9 classes last week often need the humor and inspiration you provide. My simple profiles are usually the ones I get the most compliments on!

    ReplyDelete