Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cell Biology - WTF!

Classes have started, huzzah! Unfortunately, that probably means sparser/more spastic posts for a bit. Sorry in advance.

But a few things.

First, cell biology. Wtf.

Seriously guys, wrap your head around this. Your body isn't one piece...you are literally TRILLIONS of TINY LIVING THINGS that somehow manage to work together to make a sentient, UNIQUE being. Every finger print is really thousands of these tiny little LIVING things doing their crazy little dances to make sure you can't commit a crime and get away with it (at least not without using their buddies up in your brain to figure out how to hide the evidence).

If that doesn't make you feel just a little creepy, I don't know what will.
This weekend I read the whole chapter on cell bio, and by the end I was apologizing to my cells for giving them crap (aka McD's, etc) to live on. They're so delicate and fragile, and I'm responsible for their livelihoods and I have a hard time providing them with enough water. Good lord, I'm going to be a terrible mother someday. I won't even start on the absolute INSANITY of how a single cell somehow magically becomes an entire freaking baby. I mean, seriously. Woah.

Suffice it to say, I've eaten my veggies every day this week and have had exactly ONE diet Coke (and 3-4 bottles of water a day). Poor cells...I'm sorry little buddies!



In other news, I'm subbing for spin on the 23rd at 5:30.  If you're in the area, come to class! I have exactly nothing figured out, but I'm sure it'll be a scorcher.



Tomorrow I'm supposed to be running through my warmup routine with Sharon. Guess I should get on practicing that, since flailing around doesn't happen by itself. I'll probably get there at like 7, to get my groove on. Or something like that.



Tonight I'll probably do Rose's Bachelorette Booty Camp between homework and lab assignments. I'll probably have to wait until...August...to watch the show. Sigh. That'll look something like this: 

50 push ups
10 jumping jacks
5 crunches
10 lunges
20 push ups
5 tricep dips
20 jumping jacks
5 curls
5 crunches
10 jumping jacks
10 crunches
30 curls
30 push ups
5 burpees
30 curls
10 lunges
15 push ups
5 tricep dips
5 jumping jacks
5 crunches
30 curls



Totals:

115 push ups
45 jumping jacks
25 crunches
20 lunges
10 tricep dips
95 curls
5 burpees

Oh dear. Maybe this'll get some pictures, who knows.

1 comment:

  1. YES, PICTURES!!!!

    What I did for the push ups is break them up between other exercises, so I never did more than 15 push ups in a row. Because then I'd probably die.

    ReplyDelete