Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Still Trucking

So Monday night turned out to be a lot more work than I expected, and my back is still sore today. Not injury sore, just overuse sore. I'm ok with that. It makes me miss rock climbing like CRAZY, but that's ok. Maybe this time next year I'll be living in a tent in the Rockies. Who knows.


Tonight I'll most likely be doing the stupid thing again and hitting up the SJTP. Because, you know, I'm not already exhausted/sore/busy enough. Actually, the busy part is moot...I have to teach at 6:45, which means anything from about 4:30 until 6:00 is wasted time otherwise. Too short to drive home and get anything done, too long to feel good about napping. Argh.

I'm teaching tonight, tomorrow night, and Saturday. This weekend we had a lot of driving to do, so I started coming up with this ridiculous story line for my class that's basically a video game in spin format.

The story is standard: princess gets kidnapped, you are the knight in shining armor and need to rescue her. Along the way, you meet dragons, mountains, fire pits, ROUS's, and various other things of awfulness. Then at the end of each "quest", you have to defeat the boss to move on.

Like I said, ridiculous. But I need a little whimsy in my life right now, so that's what we're doing.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds ridiculously awesome. A great way to distract everyone from the torture you're inflicting.

    Now I really wan to take a spin class from you.

    ReplyDelete