Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Strength Loops

Last Wednesday was a tribute to the fact that my subconscious mind knows that my conscious mind is a complete and utter spaz. I got this playlist put together and was psyched about it, so I decided to burn it to a disc to rock out in my car. I never do that. I went to the gym, went to Strength before spin, then went to set up to teach and realized...my iPod was on my desk. At work. 20 minutes away.

Fortunately, my subconscious knew this would happen, so the CD was in my car and saved the day. Hooray for small miracles.

Today's profile isn't done yet, and I haven't even started the playlist. It's likely it's going to be another rock/metal mix, since as I mentioned in the last post, work has been a little...frustrating. I don't really want to get into it on here, but suffice it to say that daily workouts have become a matter of survival rather than a luxury.



After letting this sit in Chrome for a couple hours, I found a profile I'm SUPER excited about on pedal-on.com:

This is one of those drills that starts off making the class think it's going to be easy, but the end they'll think differently & look forward to the recovery!
1:00 Intervals of Hard/Moderate; on the "Hard" they're to increase the cadence.
HARD :10 > Moderate :50
HARD :15 > Moderate :45
HARD :20 > Moderate :40
HARD :25 > Moderate :35
HARD :30 > Moderate :30
HARD :35 > Moderate :25
HARD :40 > Moderate :20
HARD :45 > Moderate :15
HARD :50 > Moderate :10
Next song must be a nice long recovery

I'm going to do a 5 minute warm up, then run through that 3 or 4 times with a 2 minute recovery at the end. I think I'll ask the class ahead of time if they mind going over time by 8 minutes or so, and if they don't mind then I'll run through it 4 times. Now, the playlist! 

Any song suggestions? It's cold, wet, and nasty out here. What kind of music does that make you want to hear? 


2 comments:

  1. I hate spinning (mainly because I'm bad at it) but hubby loved it when he went, music was important for him - bad music = bad workout. Good thing his instructor had good taste in music, according to hubby that is ;-)

    ReplyDelete