Monday, October 17, 2011

Blerg

Not that Monday's are my favorite day of the week or anything, but today in particular I just can't seem to get my head in gear. Naturally, it's 4 hours before class tonight and I have no idea what I'm doing. I wish I had the enthusiasm to recruit people like I want to, but today...I'm pretty sure I'm sick, so that's fun. I think I'm going to have a circuit night - I'm not sure I can survive a full workout in this condition, so I'm going to take the slacker route and set up stations and have people go through them a minute at a time. Maybe. Or if no one from the last 3 weeks shows up, maybe I'll just run through a previous workout. I dunno.

So far, these are the "stations" I've come up with (thanks in no small part to Rose's training logs):

Exercise Body Part Worked Equipment needed
Dumbbell halo Upper back, triceps, chest Heavy dumbbell (8,10,12,15)
Waiter's carry w/walking lunges across gym Upper body, lower body Space, 2 x heavy dumbbell
Cobra Back, hamstrings, glutes Mat
Medicine ball slam Upper body Heavy medicine ball, mat
Skull crushers (or "supine tricep extensions") Triceps 2 x Medium dummbbells (5,8,10)
Russian twists w/medicine ball, on stability ball Core Medicine ball, stability ball
Back flies on stability ball Back, core 2 x medium dumbbells, stability ball
Squat curls Upper body, lower body 2 x heavy weights
Body bar skiers (these were fun 2 weeks ago) Everything 2 x body bars
Single leg squats - right only Quads, glutes None or light/medium weights
Single leg squats - left only Quads, glutes None or light/medium weights
Pushups Upper body Mat
Plank Upper body Mat

And then a rest station in there too.
I'm thinking we go through that 4 times total, which gives 12 minutes for warmup/cooldown/extra abs if desired.  Maybe we'll only make it through 3 times, I dunno.

In other news, it was a productive weekend. Yesterday I got the second coat of paint up on the front of the house...YAY! I couldn't get a pic this morning because the light made it look like I'd missed spots, but here's an American Gothic style one from last week with just one coat:
Saturday I went through the Spintensity periodization class, which was great and I can't wait to put to use...the Strength class was good as well, but I'd just done a strength class in June, so it was less exciting.
However, right now I'm at 29 Star points...11 away from level 3, which is one step closer to possibly becoming an Master Instructor someday. Boston Balance is in a couple of weeks as well, and I just impulse bought myself 14 more star points' worth of classes. So by the end of the year I'm going to be a level 3 instructor...which rocks.

I'm also debating making it my new year's goal to be a certified personal trainer by the end of January. It depends a little bit on whether I'm going to need to keep taking classes in the spring, but fingers crossed I don't think that's going to be a necessity. The more cool things I see available (TRX, CrossFit, etc) in the fitness realm, the more time/money I wish I had to devote to getting certified and acting on this stuff. If I had a sugar daddy (or momma, I'm not picky) who'd pay for school for the next 3 years for me, I'd probably be less careful about where/how I spend my money. That said, certification now is sort of an investment in the future...these kinds of things could be helping me pay for school. We'll see.

Anyway, now that I've completely derailed this post, I need to go make some signs for the circuits for tonight. w00t!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I can inspire!

    I can't seem to get my head in the game today either.

    If I were independently wealthy I would get certified in everything, man. Or just sleep a lot. One or the other.

    ReplyDelete