Friday, October 14, 2011

Rest Week

Sorry it's been quiet around here this week. Work got busy again, classes are still going (in fact, it's midterms week), and my knee's been bugging me so I've been resting. I had to be in Cambridge for work so I didn't teach Wednesday. Monday night no one showed up (a blessing - I spent 8+ hours painting the house on Monday, so I was WHOOPED).

I stayed at Hotel Marlowe on Tuesday night, and I have to say...I'm a fan.
 They had hula hoops as part of the gym equipment!
And then there was this contraption. It was insane. Apparently it's an Adaptive Motion Trainer. LOVE. Watch the video, but start after 0:35 or so. I wouldn't return this if it were gifted to me. :-D

I used it to to Tabata intervals during Biggest Loser...basically during commercials (almost exactly 3 minutes every time...so long...) I'd do "fast feet" with resistance. It was pretty great. I think I'm going to suggest it to my boss that we get a couple of these when the renovations start. mmmm....

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of tabata training during commercials. Maybe I need to integrate that into my Bachelor Workout when it comes back.

    ReplyDelete