Friday, January 6, 2012

Butt Bible and Whatnot

I got mail! Woohoo!

Seriously, yesterday I got 4 packages! One from the lovely Lara over at Eat Less Move More, with my super awesome new iPod arm band:

I stole the picture from her blog, sorry about that. :-)

The second box was a book I've been excited to read:

A friend recommended it to me when I started telling her hilarious stories from PT observations this summer. Not about the patient conditions, just the stories the patients told me about their lives in general. I guess this book is actually by her family doctor, and has a bunch of stories about being a surgeon in relatively rural Maine. I'm pretty excited to read it.

The next two boxes are the  real gold though...2 new DVD sets full of ways to make pain happen in class next week...muahahaha....

"Glutorious".  I cannot wait. I actually brought Jillian to work with me today, thinking I'd do something productive over lunch, but I failed to bring any form of towel. If past experience is any indicator, working out to anything with Jillian involved requires a shower before returning to the real world (unless the real world is a grocery store or a Walmart, then all bets are off).

Now that it's after lunch and I did absolutely nothing that even remotely "glutorious" (unless you count eating Ramen and sitting on my butt in that category), I guess that's a moot point. Maybe tonight.

Tomorrow morning I'm teaching the 10 AM spin. I'm kind of tempted to just go with Wednesday night's playlist/profile - I actually really enjoyed the workout. The problem is, the music is pretty heavy and it's a little rated R for general gym use (more than a few expletives, it turns out...fine by me, but there are sensitive ears out there). I dunno. Maybe I'll try to find the radio edit versions of the more egregious songs.

Anyway.

I've been trying to find a good set of anatomy (specifically musculoskeletal) flashcards to start getting a jump on Gross Anatomy...I know, school doesn't start (still no decision, obviously) for another 7+ months, but I've only heard horror stories about that class, so I'm a little worried. I'm terrible at memorizing stuff, so I don't want to be going into it with a blank slate for a brain. Anyone have any suggestions?

On that note, I've just been told that I have nothing to do for the rest of the day at work, so I'm going home. Maybe I'll even work out. Or maybe I'll take a nap. Who knows. Crazy times.

1 comment:

  1. YAY it arrived, hope you enjoy using it.
    Loving the title Cracked Marbles, might have to investigate.

    ReplyDelete