Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Everything is Terrible



You are welcome.

In other news, I have a meeting with my gym (Executive Health and Sports Center, in case you're wondering) personal trainer manager on Thursday about an internship to learn the ins and outs of being a personal trainer. Guess I should really study for that exam, huh?

Hooray internships!

So I've been watching Jillian work her magic on this new DVD and I am, once again, enamoured. I'm sure I'm missing all the things she's doing wrong (back to that whole studying thing), but dang if she doesn't have some good DVDs. I'm never disappointed in her moves - they're mostly new moves, not just the old junk in a new(ish) order. Like these gems:

 That'd be a chair pose with one leg lifted slightly. Definitely making an appearance tonight.
Judo lift. Apparently you can also do this lifting the opposite leg too. I didn't get that screenshot though, I was crying just watching it. Oof.
This move is dynamic...they're jumping from a plank into a squat.
 I haven't done any kind of side leg lift in a long time.
These are definitely happening.
Yeah, this was part of the "warm up" for level 2. Magical.
Man, my class is not going to be happy tonight. Muahaha.
Is it bad that I'm looking at some of these other moves, thinking "I could make that harder..."? I stand by the evil laugh.


After strength tonight, I think I'm going to take it to the track for some Tabata work. I'm going to start making that part of my routine twice a week. Tomorrow night I'll do FIT before spin, then Thursday I'll do another set of Tabatas after my meeting with Joe. I think I need to reacquaint myself with some of the gym machines anyway - it's been a while since I've done anything that wasn't group ex, so I'm a little out of touch with that stuff.

In other news, I found out that one of the schools I'm still waiting to hear from isn't going to have a decision until...March.

C'mon.


No comments:

Post a Comment