Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dance with Me

Man oh man, strength class tonight is going to be fun.

I just got Jackie Warner's 30 Day Fast Start in the mail last night, so it's been in the background at work for inspiration. Her pyramid (more like a ladder, but who's counting) method is going to be FUN. Basically, you take 2 exercises and alternate between them starting with 1 rep of each then building up to 10 of each.

Pure gold.

I'm also making us waltz tonight. I'll see if I can get a picture of this somehow (I don't have my camera with me, so it may be tricky). Basically, we have these resistance bands that go around your legs. At about shoulder width, you can feel resistance a little. I'm going to have us do a little box step with that band around our ankles, making sure that the "feet together" part is really just shoulder width.



And because you don't waltz with your arms at your sides, we're going to hold out light weights as if we were actually dancing with someone else (left out front and up a little, right out to the side, then reverse when we do the box step backwards...can't be lop-sided!)
Google images never fails to impress. 

And back to work for me.

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to enjoy Jackie Warner, but I do. I really do. Did you ever watch her old Bravo show, Workout?

    ReplyDelete